"On Writing" by Stephen King

My favorite anecdote from "On Writing" so far is where King spoke about when he was younger and got into writing. He talked in it about how his mother made him write a story of his own after copying one. I liked it because it displays the core of what led to him being a writer, I find that to be really inspiring. I also wrote cute short stories as a little kid, so I could connect in that way.

A quote that stood out to me and that may be my favorite is "That makes two of us, mom" after the mom explained the way it looked after she saw someone die after King as a kid had asked her if she ever saw someone die. This quote stood out to me just because it was a bit lighthearted and added a bit of humor to set off the serious tone of the overall story, having the story end on a lighter note.

I have learned so far that King has had a very unique and crazy childhood, which also taught me that we all start off as a child going through daily life events- no matter if you are famous now or not at all. We are all human no matter where we are today. and King had a crazy and interesting childhood.

I have learned many things that I can apply to Feature Writing, one of those being that I can work to go into depth more in stories to draw an audience in, even audiences that wouldn't typically be interested in my topic. If you know how to be descriptive and use words well, you can bring in all different kinds of audiences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Life During The Pandemic

Addario Book Report

Photographer of the Week: Tyler Hicks