Humans of LBCC



My name is Megan Freitas, i'm 20 years old and currently enrolled at LBCC majoring in journalism. This is currently my second year of college and I will be graduating with my Associate of Arts after spring term. After I graduate, my plan is to cover editing or writing for online media sites. My dream would be to be able to sell my creative work and different forms of art on the side on Etsy. My greatest challenge in college has been being able to get over my social anxieties and learn to put myself out there, as I'm pretty introverted by nature. 


In my free time, I spend a lot of time gaming, creating pieces of art in various forms, listening to music, and involving myself in anything expressive. Additionally, I have also recently started on the path of witchcraft and spiritual work. I make tarot reading, meditation and self reflection a part of my daily routines. I even have a blog I just started where I share my daily learnings. As for pets, I have an Australian Shepherd dog named Chai, and a crested gecko named Fable. They both help to boost my spirits and give me something to look forward to each day. 


The most motivational people in my life lately have been my mom and boyfriend. My mom has been there for me mentally through a lot of my ups and downs and she is one of the few people in my life I feel like I can be fully open with. My boyfriend has also been a big motivator for me through a lot of my lowest points. He has actually been a big part of why I am still able to put in my all with work and school. We have both had some harder times lately, losing where we lived together, struggling financially and more. Having each other though to lean on has gone a long ways. We are both working to build each other back up and motivate one another.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Life During The Pandemic

Photographer of the Week: Tyler Hicks

Environmental and Mug Shot- Halle Freitas