"On Writing"

If you want to learn about the life of horror writer, Stephen King and get helpful tips for your own writing, his book "On Writing" is for you.

The most important things I probably learned from his book are that with the right tools, you can grab the attention of readers even outside your typical audience. I learned that you also need to consider vocabulary for your topic and the audience you are speaking to. Lastly, I learned that paragraph length really matters in keeping the readers' attentions. I have used these tips in my own writing by keeping paragraphs shorter in my writing and forming the language I use to fit the topic and audience appropriately.

One of my favorite two quotes that go together from the book is "The stuff that came from him was green. I have never forgotten it" "That makes two of us, mom"(9). This is one of my favorites because it captures the personality of King well and brings a sense of some humor into the serious tone of that particular story when the mother was talking about when she had seen someone die.

If I were recommending this book to a friend, I would definitely emphasize the fact that it includes captivating stories that will draw you in on almost every page. King knows how to draw in audiences of all kinds, for sure. You will find something entertaining, helpful or even inspiring at some point during your reading of the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Life During The Pandemic

Addario Book Report

Photographer of the Week: Tyler Hicks